December 6, 2018 – National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
The Huron Domestic Assault Review Team is hosting two events on December 6, 2018 – The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
– Please join us
10: 00 am Ceremony at Courthouse Park
- Welcome and Remarks by Selena Hazlitt, Co-Vice Chair, Huron DART
- Performance by Glee Sisters Choir of ‘O Beautiful Gaia’ written by Carolyn McDade
- Remarks by Paul Gowing, Mayor of Morris-Turnberry and Past Huron County Warden
- Remarks by John Grace, Mayor of Goderich
- Performance by Glee Sisters Choir of ‘Warrior’ written by Kim Baryluk
Laying of Fourteen Red Roses by Renascence Group
and Names Spoken of Victims of December 6, 1989 massacre by Iain Donnelly
Geneviève Bergeron, 21 Hélène Colgan, 23
Nathalie Croteau, 23 Barbara Daigneault, 22
Anne-Marie Edward, 21 Maud Haviernick, 29
Barbara Klucznik, 31 Maryse Laganière, 25
Maryse Leclair, 23 Anne-Marie Lemay, 22
Sonia Pelletier, 23 Michèle Richard, 21
Anne St-Arneault, 23 Annie
Performance by Glee Sisters Choir of ‘A Rose for Every Woman’ written by Leslie Bella
After the ceremony, please visit the display inside the Huron County Courthouse.
Please remember to visit Lion’s Park in Goderich to see the National Day of Remembrance tree that is lit in purple lights on December 6th.
7:00 p.m. Huron County Museum
Huron DART is hosting a screening of ‘A Better Man’ and discussion. All are welcome. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., screening starts at 7:00 p.m.